As part of the U.S. Department of Energy’s SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership, ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability USA (ICLEIUSA), the Solar Foundation, and the North Carolina Clean Energy Technology Center collaborated with the Lumber River Council of Governments to provide a free solar zoning workshop to local government officials in the Bladen, Hoke, Richmond, Robeson, and Scotland Counties in NC , interested in learning about ways to improve their solar zoning codes for solar facilities.
This workshop focused on solar codes and standards in North Carolina, with particular attention to achieving regulatory goals, developing appropriate ordinances, and enforcement.
- Planning and Zoning for Solar Energy
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Sharing Success: Emerging Approaches to Efficient Rooftop Solar Permitting (see here)
- Webinar Series on Solar Permitting & Inspection (see here)
- Solar Outreach Partnership’s Complimentary Resources and Technical Assistance Offerings (seehere)
- NC Template Ordinance
- Model Inspection Checklist for Rooftop PV Systems (see here)
- Just the Basics: Solar Permitting Checklists (see here)
Click here to view the presentation slides