This FREE interactive workshop, presented by the SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership, will provide actionable information on creating a local-level solar program in the Southern Vermont region.
Areas of focus will include: an overview of solar technology and why it is viable for the Southern Vermont region; planning and zoning for solar; and innovative financing options for solar projects. Case study examples will highlight successful practices and lessons learned from communities that have undertaken solar projects in these focus areas. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 AICP CM Credits
*Lunch will be provided for all registered attendees.
- 8:30 Introductions (10 Min)
- Local intro, Cullen Meves, Planner, Windham Regional Commission
- 8:40 SunShot Intro (5 Min) & Agenda Overview (5 Min)
- Introductions by SolarOPs team
- 8:50 Interactive Activity (10 Min)
- Moderated by SolarOPs Team
- What are the biggest barriers to solar? What are the biggest benefits?
- 9:00 Solar 101 Module (30 Min)
- Speaker: TBD
- Technology overview Southern Vermont policy environment; solar law and regulation; (Vermont SPEED Program)
- 9:30 Break (10 Min)
- 9:40 Creating Solar Ready Environment (40 Min) – [soft costs] permitting, zoning, model ordinances, interconnection and net-metering
- 10:20 Solar Financing Strategies in the Region (specific to Local Govt.) (40 Min)
- Speaker: TBD
- What financing options are available to me?
- Vermont specific funding options
- 11:00 Break (10 Min)
- 11:10 Local Panel Session (35 Min)
- 11:45 Panel/Audience Q&A Discussion (15 Min)
- 12:00 Wrap Up and Closing Remarks (15 Min)
- 12:15 Lunch, Networking Opportunity
Date(s) - September 6, 2013
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Category(ies) No Categories