This interactive workshop, presented by the SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership, will provide actionable information on creating a local-level solar program in the New River Valley region.
Areas of focus will include: energy planning to facilitate solar installations; state and local incentives for solar energy; innovative financing options for solar projects; and why solar is viable for the New River Valley region. Case study examples will highlight successful practices and lessons learned from communities that have undertaken solar projects in these focus areas. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org AICP CM Credits (#e.23590)
Solar Outreach Partnership Trainers: Jayson Uppal (Meister Consultants Group), Philip Haddix (Solar Foundation)
- 8:30-8:45 Introduction to Sunshot Workshop and Solar in the NRV
- 8:45-9:00 Interactive activity
- 9:00-9:45 Solar 101: Technology, Economics, Policy
- 9:45-9:55 Break
- 9:55-10:10 Benefits and Barriers Activity
- 10:10-10:30 Creating a Solar Ready Community: Removing State, Utility, and Local Barriers
- 10:30-11:00 Understanding Solar Financing
- 11:00-11:05 Break
- 11:05-11:45 Local Panel including utility and state representatives, local solar installer, 3rd party financier, local resident with solar
- 11:45-12:05 Audience Q&A and Panel Discussion
- 12:05-12:15 Wrap up and Closing Remarks
- 12:15-1:00 Lunch and networking opportunity*
Following lunch, there will be a tour of LumenHaus, VT parking garage PV from 1:00-2:15. All attendees are invited.
* Lunch will be provided for all registered attendees.
Date(s) - May 23, 2013
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Category(ies) No Categories