Local governments interested in learning about how to make their community solar ready in Western Kentucky are invited to a free workshop with national and local experts on Thursday, March 27th at the new Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in Downtown/Waterfront Owensboro, KY.
The event is being sponsored by the Green River Area Development District and the SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership (SolarOPs).
This interactive workshop will provide actionable information on creating a local-level solar program. Areas of focus include:
- The benefits and barriers of solar development in your region;
- Understanding the regulatory landscape of solar;
- Creating solar friendly planning and zoning codes and ordinances; and
- Innovative financing options for solar projects.
2 AICP CM Credits
Lunch will be provided for all registered attendees.
Reserve Your Room!
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Hampton Inn for the event dates. A special room rate will be available until March 27th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Click HERE to reserve your room now! Room reservations are separate from event registrations. Please book your event registration below.
- 10:00 Welcome
- 10:10 SunShot Intro & Agenda Overview
- 10:20 Interactive Activity
- 10:30 Solar 101 Module
- 11:15 Solar Policies Overview
- 11:40 Planning & Zoning for Solar
- 12:20 Break (15 min- Participants grab lunch; lunch will be provided)
- 12:30 Interactive activity follow up
- 12:40 Solar Financing Strategies in the Region
- 1:25 Break
- 1:35 Local Discussion Panel
- 2:20 Audience Discussion & Questions
- 2:50 Wrap Up and Closing Remarks
- 3:00 Networking Opportunity
Once registration is full, if you would like to be added to a waiting list, please contact Chase Vincent at Chasevincent@GRADD.com
Date(s) - March 27, 2014
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Hampton Inn & Suites