Local governments interested in learning about how to make their community solar ready in Southeast Michigan are invited to a free workshop with national and local experts on Thursday, January 23rd at the Community Room in Lathrup Village City Hall.
The workshop is designed for city staff and elected officials such as:
- City Managers
- Community & Economic Development Directors
- DPW Directors
- Building Officials
- City Council Members & Commissioners
- Planning Commission Members
- DDA Committee Members
- Environmental Commission Members
The event is being sponsored by the City of Lathrup Village, Southeast Michigan Regional Energy Office and the SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership (SolarOPs).
This interactive workshop will provide actionable information on creating a local-level solar policies and permitting processes. Areas of focus include:
- The benefits and barriers of solar development in your region;
- Revising planning and zoning codes and ordinances; and
- Streamlining the permitting processes to enable solar development in your community.
2 AICP CM Credits
Lunch will be provided for all registered attendees.
The Lathrup Village Community Room is located 4 blocks north of Interstate 696 on the east side of Southfield Road (exit 14).
Date(s) - January 23, 2014
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Lathrup Village Community Room